How to set a VideoProcessor in Pexip Android?

Hello there, I was wondering if there is a way in Pexip to set a VideoProcessor in order to catch the frames captured by the camera, make some modification to the frames.
Using WebRTC, in the VideoSource class, we can set a VideoSource for that like so:

videoSource.setVideoProcessor(object : VideoProcessor {
                override fun onCapturerStarted(p0: Boolean) { }
                override fun onCapturerStopped() {}
                override fun onFrameCaptured(inputVideoFrame: VideoFrame?) {
                  //Do processing with inputVideoFrame here
                }
                override fun setSink(sink: VideoSink?) {
                  //set sink here to send updated videoFrame back to WebRTC 
                }
            })

I was wondering if there is a way to do so in Pexip library for Android.

Hi, @faycal and thanks for your question!

The current stable version of the Pexip Android SDK does not allow one to access the VideoSource and set a VideoProcessor.

The following pull request will allow one to pass in an instance of VideoProcessor, albeit only if they supply a VideoCapturer as well. Once merged, you will be able to test it using a SNAPSHOT version or wait until a stable version is available.

Hi @drymarau thank you very much for replying to my topic and for adding the functionality to add the videoProcessor. That will help a lot :love_you_gesture:
Do you think you can also add a way to remove this videoProcessor after creating the the WebRtcLocalVideoTrack? In the pull request, I see we can pass the videoProcessor only at the creation of the WebRtcLocalVideoTrack.
Do you think you can offer a public method in the WebRtcLocalVideoTrack to be able to set this videoProcessor? That way, one can just call that method and pass it null to remove the videoProcessor.

Thanks for the suggestion, @faycal.

SDK doesn’t expose WebRtcLocalVideoTrack to clients and we currently can’t recommend using it directly (although you can always cast LocalVideoTrack, but this may be unsafe).

If you want to enable/disable your VideoProcessor at runtime based on some condition you can either have a flag in said VideoProcessor that controls whether it’s active or not or use delegation:

class DelegatingVideoProcessor(var delegate: VideoProcessor? = null) : VideoProcessor {

override fun onCapturerStarted(started: Boolean) {
        delegate?.onCapturerStarted(started)
    }

override fun onCapturerStopped() {
        delegate?.onCapturerStopped()
    }

override fun onFrameCaptured(frame: VideoFrame) {
        delegate?.onFrameCaptured(frame)
    }

override fun setSink(sink: VideoSink?) {
        delegate?.setSink(sink)
    }
}

Hi @drymarau thank you very much for pointing that out. This will be helpful.
I will try the delegate, seems to me to be the most safe approach.
Thank you very much for your time and hard work.
Approximately when can I expect a new stable release to have that changes in the pull request available ?

We would like to release a new version sometime this month, but the date is not set in stone.

Okay I really appreciate your help. thanks a lot.